Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SHOES // ITALIA

Hussein-chalayan-amy-troost-1
>> I know it's been on for well over a week whilst I've been in Moscow but today, as in Sunday 27th is the FINAL PUSH day of the Hussein Chalayan sample sale.  They've extended an extra day to mark 10-50% OFF the sample sale prices with show pieces and plenty of other goodies still to be bought.... that to me is a LOTTA discounting.  I just got back from Moscow last night and forgot to post it so this really is LATE notice but hopefully some readers are reading.  It's on TODAY from 11am until 7pm at HUSSEIN CHALAYAN, Block H-First Floor, Zetland House, 109-123 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4LD.  Final call guys...

Shoe Shoe Susie

>> My head space got a little bit invaded and clogged up towards the end of my Moscow trip for reasons I won't reveal here and whilst I've still got a ton of Moscow-related posts to go up, I thought I'd go with a light hearted respite that centres around an unexpected pair of shoes from young footwear designer Anastasia Radevich.  I've been getting a fair bit of wear out of her furry sculpted heel booties that requires quite specific weather conditions lest they get rained/snowed/sleeted upon (Moscow was NOT the place to be stepping out in them...).  Now I have another reason to make sure I spell her name 100% correctly when people ask what shoes I'm wearing as Anastasia was stupendously kind enough to send me a surprise  - a pair of embroidered grey suede clogs that were made as a one-off and inspired by my "character and style".  The quotation marks there are important because I find it chortlingly hilarious that anyone would be arsed to create a pair of shoes inspired by me in any way...
I'm not going to chortle too much though and instead, I'll just say a big fat THANK YOU because I did take one look at them and go "Me LOOOOOOOVES!" in an inane and childish way when I opened up the box prior to reading the accompanying note from Anastasia and finding out about the source of inspiration.  I've been a bit stuck on wearing them in one particular way, tried and tested in Paris first...
IMG_6477
...and then again back at home.  The shoes don't seem to want to part ways with a pair of Ayame socks from Koshka because of their similar colour schemes and likewise, a Whistles full length leather skirt in seal grey and a Louis Vuitton jacket (scored as a freebie through a friend!) have also become additional partners in crime.  Suffice to say, when it all comes together and when my eyes stop at my feet to look at the socks bleeding into the embroidery of the shoes, I can't help but beam like a crazy woman.  Where I'm normally huffing and puffing my way through Paris Fashion Week, I think on the day that I first wore these shoes, I skipped across the Place de la Concorde, saying something like "My my!  The sun is out!  Isn't it LOVELY?" garnering furrowed eyebrow looks from friends because people of my generation in the 21st century don't say "My my!" nor do they use the word "Lovely" nearly enough.  
IMG_8652
IMG_8671
(Louis Vuitton lilac jacket, Louise Gray shirt, Whistles grey leather skirt, Ayame socks, Anastasia Radevich shoes)
This is a sketchbook page that Anastasia sent through illustrating the choice to have coloured doodles play riot on a background of grey which perhaps is a summation of the dichotomy between my love of plain grey jersey and grey pieces versus the cacophony of prints and colours in my wardrobe.  I can't quite make sense of the doodles but I'm not sure I'm supposed to.  RANDOM is a word I use excessively afterall... 
Sketch Style Bubble
IMG_8687
IMG_8705
IMG_8716
 

No comments:

Post a Comment