Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CLOSE FASHION //JUST LANDED: PREEN LINE

Just Laned: Ian R.N.
Effortless, luxurious wardrobe essentials are the Holy Grail of modern dressing which is why the arrival of IAN R.N has us beating down the door. With great easy pants, silk camisoles, super jersey blazers and a sprinkling of bling, the just-so silhouettes are exactly what you’ve been looking for. Plus, they’re perfect for spring’s sports luxe trend. We caught up with designer Rozae Nichols, who lends her initials to the collection, to find out more

Just Landed: Preen Line - The stylists' best kept secret
Whether it’s finding the perfect leather trouser or the best way to work sheer, the search ends at Preen Line. The second collection by designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi hails from a fierce fashion pedigree (its mainline, Preen, was a favourite of the style obsessed Kate Moss and Chloë Sevigny) and with its mix of edgy yet feminine styling, it doesn’t disappoint. The only destination for effortless modern dressing, they’ve just got it so right, it’s not surprising that stylists everywhere try to keep it a secret.
We had a party - The a-list fashion crowd
To celebrate our brand new look, we hosted a party at top London hangout Sketch where the great and good of the fashion industry poured in after the final day of shows at LFW. Our founder and CEO Sarah Curran introduced the new direction, everyday luxury. It was quite a night!
Stylish working wardrobes - work it!


“In the fashion industry, there’s no strict dress code so it’s important my style is as much about me as the company. But an element of practicality is also involved - my working week can consist of anything from running between meetings to setting up a fashion show, so I tend to opt for simple jersey basics, easy-to-wear dresses and comfortable flats - keeping a stash of heels under my desk should any last-minute invitations suddenly crop up! I also love J Brand and MiH (the Paris is a favourite) for smart day-to-evening denim. At our East London office, the showroom is brimming with the latest designs from our clients, so there’s no better place to turn to for inspiration. If I don’t feel an affinity to a designer’s aesthetic, then it’s hard to represent and champion their collection. I’ve learnt that staying true to your own style is key.”
Stylish working wardrobes - The fashion idol
Stylish working wardrobes - The city superwoman
“No day is ever the same at Hammond Partners, where I can literally go from meeting to meeting with a wide variety of clients without stopping. I’m a member of the Princes Trust Women’s Leadership Group and also work as a business mentor at board/senior management level, so dressing for the occasion is important. I used to dress a lot more corporately in little matching suits - but that’s not what I feel comfortable in. I’m a lot more interested in fashion now and refuse to conform to a stereotype. That said, I do think first impressions count, and there are still certain expectations in the City, so appearance can be critical. I’d say my style is glamorous and smart but edgy, which is a good balance. I try to avoid style dramas by planning what I wear meticulously the night before - preparation is key!”
 Stylish working wardrobes - The business guru
My job has huge variety, from spending time with our cabin crew and talking about their travel experiences, to speaking at conferences about how Virgin Atlantic connects with our passengers online. I like to strike the right balance between appearing professional and expressing my own personal style. I tend to have a classic look with an individual twist, so a skirt might have a cool design detail, a blazer might have texture, but they always look smart. I believe that when you feel good, it’s reflected in how you present yourself and the confidence you project to others
Stylish working wardrobes - The creative collaborator

“As head of production for Mark Lawson Bell Studio I work on a number of projects at any one time including runway shows, fashion shoots and product launches for clients such as Absolut vodka, Jaeger London and Sketch. My day is so varied that my look often has to take me from a breakfast meeting through to an event in the evening. It needs to be practical for running around town and suitable for the venues we work in - one of our recent projects meant spending a lot of time in derelict warehouses. There are key staples in my wardrobe - a pair of dark fitted jeans, vest top and a smart jacket. I have a wardrobe full of J Brand Jeans, Joseph jackets and Acne vest tops and, at evening events, a tux and a faithful fitted black dress are my style repertoire.”
If you’d rather dip your toe rather than plunge straight into the Seventies revival, then why not swing a fringe. What better way to work your Love Story jeans, than with a glimpse of fringing on a wedge heel? Or sling a Paul & Joe tasselled satchel over a loose peasant blouse. A touch Navajo, a touch Charlie Girl, a little fringing goes a long way
fringe benefits





No comments:

Post a Comment