Thursday, March 31, 2011

DISPOSABLE LIVES // HERMES PATY TOKYO

HERMES Tokyo Dandy Disposable Lives  DISPOSABLE LIVES   HERMES PATY TOKYO I just came across these photos on a CD I’d misplaced! They’re Disposable Camera photos from the Hermes ‘I love my scarf’ party held in Tokyo back in Summer. I t was one of the best parties this year, SEE THE PHOTOS FROM THE EVENT HERE!

Library 309 Hermès I Love My Scarf Tokyo Party
Library 310 Hermès I Love My Scarf Tokyo PartyLibrary 310 Hermès I Love My Scarf Tokyo PartyLibrary 312 Hermès I Love My Scarf Tokyo Party
Library 313 Hermès I Love My Scarf Tokyo Party
Omotesando Hills in Tokyo so a party of epic proportions this past Wednesday, thrown by French luxury goods house Hermès in celebration of their global ‘I Love My Scarf’ campaign. Our friends U & Go Akimoto alongside their sister Kozue and Jon-E from Phenomenon were the stars of the Japanese campaign (online here). I am a sucker for snap-shot photography and cheki cameras so I love the photos used. It’s not everyday you get to see your friends in a campaign for a luxury goods company, Hermès has really taken a chance with this move and judging by Wednesday night they’ve done a really good job of it.
The set ‘Backstage’ was in Hermès signature orange and white, banks of hair and make-up counters for the dozens of models were set up in the center with an open champagne bar down the side. Yuya Nara and Sachiko were going to DJ and renowned NARS make-up artist Sada Ito was another of the familiar faces there making it a family affair. Out front the evening started with a performance by Tsuchiya Anna, but the main event involved the models themselves. Literally dozens of them strutted and twirled down the stairs of building as guests watched from the balconies above. When Omotesando Hills first opened I thought it was crap. It’s feels like an airport terminal. But stood at the bottom of the stairs which is on the third basement level floor and looking up through the six floors that make up the complex you can’t help but be amazed by it’s size, something you really don’t notice from outside. I saw pictures from fashions night out where it had been used for a similar event and after the Hermès party I hope Omotesando Hills is used a lot more for such huge occasions. But back to the party, the dozens of models were wearing their Hermès scarves in all manners of styles, and were soon joined by a troupe of dancers. As the music reached it’s crescendo, the Akimoto family emerged on the stage thousands of glittering red hearts showered down on the crowd. I thought it was incredible. Like Bob Fosse with better accessories. Anywhere else in the world the people watching would have gone crazy! But alas, this is Japan and a fashion party – people really are up-tight, reserved mother fuckers.
We had a fantastic time, congratulations to Hermès for staging such a great event.
“J’aime mon carré Hermès boutique @ Omotesando Hills”
Duration: September 11, 2010 (Sat) – November 14 (Sunday)
Location: Omotesando Hills Main Building B1F
Untitled 42 Hermès   I Love My Scarf
I Love My Scarf」と名付けられたエルメス(Hermès)の “カレ(carre)” のイメージヴィジュアルが各国々(ロンドン、ニューヨーク、パリ、東京)でファッションスナップとして登場。そんな東京チームからは、ビューティーUちゃん&梢&GOに、Phenomenon所属のJONNYが参戦。東京ならではのスタイリングに、結び方、遊び心満載な新たな一面をチェックしてみるべし。
改めて、エルメスの”カレ”は、スカーフを超えた神秘的で芸術的な魅力があるのはもちろん、どんな形に結んでも、不思議と表現が出るようになっているとのこと。自分だけのカレを見つけるのも楽しいはず。ちなみに、”カレ”とはフランス語で”正方形”を意味するとか。
Hermès – ‘I Love My Scarf’
Untitled 43 Hermès   I Love My Scarf
‘I Love My Scarf’ is a website set up by Hermès to present their F/W 2010/’11 silk scarf collection. It sees the legendary French luxury fashion house reposition itself as a versatile accessory for the street-fashion set. Such a move may be seen as some as a tactful marketing ploy, but it’s this meeting point of luxury fashion and individual style on the street that Tokyo Dandy represents. Especially when the Tokyo page features our friends the brother and sisters Akimoto – U, Go and Kozue together with Jon-E. Fashion capitals London, Paris and New York are also featured on the website which has video, photos and a guide to how to tie the scarves (which are still as a reassuringly high price point).
Hermès – ‘I Love My Scarf’

No comments:

Post a Comment