Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BLACK AND WHILE

Whitejacket >> Another week, another batch of photos for Uniqlooks featuring this time a pair of boyfriend fit chino trews that means a set of looks that sees Simple Susie at play.  That's simple outfits, not err... simple as in depeletion of brain cells though the cold chill in Moscow very nearly stripped back a few layers of cells.  I blame the image to the left which I snapped from a moodboard of a friend.  I've no clue where it's from or what it's depicting but I am quite taken with the notion of a perfect white jacket to smarten up the chino trousers (by the by speaking of brain cell depletion, does anyone else hear Chino and think Ryan "I like white vests, I do" Atwood?).

I may have also subconsciously fallen prey to emulating my mother as she also had a penchant for smart white blazers back in the day before baby vom and nappy smears sullied her wardrobe.
A jacket from Monki which despite its low low price seems to have the perfect loose-fit and has been worn in a multitude of ways of late.  I also like buttoning it up to wear as a top (two layers of Heat Tech underneath solves the problem of a goosebump-covered chest).
IMG_8006
IMG_8008
IMG_8013
(Worn with Uniqlo boyfriend fit chino trousers, Topshop Unique shoes, vintage waistcoat)
On the other end of the scale, this beautiful draped white jacket/top (no closure at the front but there's a zip at the side) by Hussein Chalayan which I picked up at the sample sale yesterday instantly makes me want to strip back everything to a mere black polo neck.  Mother will be proud.  The polo neck is incidentally a body (yes I regularly wear bodies now and yes, it's still 1993) by Danish label Popupshop who make inexpensive organic bamboo or organic cotton material.  I have quite a few sets of their underwear and bodywear that wash really well and go into the category of undies that I'm always happy to see when they come out of the machine, as opposed to the sad dishevelled ones that have seen better days.
IMG_9908
IMG_9912
IMG_9925
(Worn with Uniqlo boyfriend fit chino trousers, Anastasia Radevich shoes, Pop-Up Shop polo neck body)

No comments:

Post a Comment